Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fun tonight!!!!

The fun of the night...Me and my mom and the neighbor ladies watching the blooming of the night blooming cereus..aka...Christ in a Manger plant....I don't have tonights photos downloaded but can show some of the ones that bloomed in July!!!! It only blooms at night and is gone by morning!!!! So you have to be quick and catch them...
 also it takes a new started plant several years before it will bloom but the wait is worth it!!!! Hope everyone is having a Great week!!!! hugs to all
That's my boy!!! Jager!!! Covered at both ends!!! Hee hee

6 comments:

Sparky said...

wow, I can't say I have ever heard or seen this type of flower...lovely..and Jager is a cutiepatutie.
blessings ms

Cheryl said...

Oh wow Carla where can I find one of those plants. Jager is just precious I miss when my boys were that age. Have a great day Carla
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

Kristine said...

Gorgeous!!
what exquisite beauty you've captured!!
I can't grow plants, just weeds..LOL!!
Isn't Jager the Ham too!!..lol.

MaryMaryQuiteContrary said...

Its really pretty. What an interesting plant. That Jager! LOL

Unknown said...

Love seeing that, really pretty too. I remember watching one, forgot what it was called but it glowed and was really beautiful just for a few hours then gone.

Jager is so cute :O)

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Wow, that is so cool!! I have never seen or heard of anything like it before. Thanks for sharing your pictures of it!